Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Home Sweet Home
My lips are dry and chapped from the lack of humidity, my breathes short and strained. Driving behind a long line of subaru's; and there they are on the roadside...... those damd wooden bears.
It feels good to be home in Colorado.
These are pics from Cottonwood pass. It's a shortcut to Crested Butte and one of the better scenic drives around. The 4 1/2 hour dirve was a milk run compared to what we did last week.
Soggy snowballs in June. I laid a big egg this weekend for the "Wild Flower Rush" regional mountain bike race. A victim of the laws of gravity. What goes up must come down. I probably could have used a rest week but raced anyway. Time to swallow my pride and take the lumps that the pro class has been dishing me. Besides finishing dead last (I did finish) a took my worst digger of the year.
Some of our COMotion Crew. We stayed an extra day to ride some trail.